Can you believe Easter is only in a few days? This year is flying by! If you’re like I am, and working on your last minute Easter dinner recipes I have some ideas to share with you. Maria Zoitas, creator of “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared food sold exclusively at Westside Market NYC, has created a wonderful collection of Easter dinner recipe ideas. These recipes are perfect for Easter or any special occasion!
Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Dry Red Wine
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 ~ 6 Lb. Cooked Ham
- In a bowl (large enough to hold the ham), combine brown sugar, honey, red wine, pineapple juice and minced garlic.
- Place ham in the marinade, turn to coat well, and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning the ham every few hours.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan, reserving marinade for basting.
- Bake ham, basting frequently with the reserved marinade until an instant-read thermometer registers 140˚F.
- Allow the ham to sit for 15 minutes before carving.
Roasted Leg of Lamb Recipe
Yields 8 – 10 Servings
- 1 Semi Boneless Leg of Lamb (6-7lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Fresh Chopped Rosemary Leaves
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Roll of Butcher Twine
- Preheat oven at 400⁰F.
- Open side of the meat and season with 1 tbsp. of minced garlic, 1 tbsp. of kosher salt, 1 tsp. of ground black pepper, and kindly close up the two sides of the meat and tie it with a butcher twine.
- Season the outside of the meat with 1 tbsp. of minced garlic, 1 tbsp. of kosher salt, 1 tsp. of ground black pepper, the olive oil and rosemary.
- Place the meat into a 16 X 11 X 4 roasting pan, add the 2 cups of water and place into a wire rack.
- Roast the seasoned leg of lamb in the preheated oven for 1.5 hours or until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 140⁰F.
Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 3 lbs. Frozen Spinach Chopped Thawed and Squeezed Dry
- 5 Cups Light Cream
- 7 Garlic Cloves, Peeled, and Minced
- ½ Stick of Butter
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- In a medium sauce pan, combine cream, garlic, and bring to a light simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until garlic is tender
- In medium oven, over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add flour; stir until smooth.
- Add hot cream mixture to flour and butter mixture and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Add spinach to mixture and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes and then serve.
Braised Pearl Onions Recipe
(Yields 6 – 8 servings)
- 2 Lbs. Frozen Pearl Onions
- 1 Quart Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Porto Wine
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Stick Salted Butter
- In a two quarts pot, bring beef broth to a simmer and add all ingredients except for the chopped parsley. Cook for about 40 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the chopped parsley and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and serve as a side dish with a nice roast meat such as beef wellington or roast prime beef.
Cranberry Sauce with Orange Skin Recipe
(6 – 8 Servings)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 12oz ocean spray cranberries (fresh/frozen)
- ½ cup orange concentrated juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped orange skin
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Place all ingredients in a 2 quart pot, sauce pan and bring it to boil.
- Once pot is boiling bring the heat to medium and cook the sauce for about an hour.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and use a barbed mixer to pure’ a bit to thicken.
- Chill or serve it warm.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
(Yields 6 Servings)
- 2 Lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow leaves.
- In a medium bowl season and toss the sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned sprouts on a sheet pan and bake them for 20-25 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are brown.
Peach Cobbler Recipe
(Yield 5 – 6 Servings)
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ Cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 Cup self-rise flour
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 Lb. Fresh ripe peaches ( peeled, remove the pit and slice into wedges)
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Strawberries cut into quarts.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a 9 inch square pan, cream together sugar and butter.
- Mix in flour and milk until smooth.
- Pour peaches & juice over the top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes in the preheated oven until it turns golden brown.