If you’re looking for a fun Thanksgiving treat idea for the kids this year, check out these super easy turkey pretzels. They would also make a wonderful display on your Thanksgiving dessert buffet table! The kids will have a ball helping you make and eat these turkey treats!
- 12 Pretzel Rods
- 12 Grasshoper Cookies (or other chocolate covered cookies)
- 24 Candy Eyes
- 84 Candy Corns
- 12 Orange Reese's Pieces
- ½ cup Chocolate Melting Chips or Bark
- ⅛ cup red Candy Melting Chips
- Lay cookies out on wax paper leaving room for pretzel rods to lay on top of each cookie without touching each other.
- Using a spoon drizzle a little chocolate around on cookie to glue candy corn in place.
- Heat Chocolate Chips in tall glass or cup by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip pretzel ⅔ way in melted chocolate and roll to coat completely. Shake off excess.
- Lay on wax paper on top of cookie as shown in picture.
- Place candy corn in fan shape on cookie around pretzel rod.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
- Using a spoon place a little chocolate to "glue in place eyes and Reese's Piece on end for beak.
- Place Red Candy Chips in corner of zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds. Knead to make sure it is smooth and melted.
- Clip corner of bag and pipe a waddle under the beak of each turkey.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
This pic shows you the steps to create your pretzel turkey! Get the kids to help and make an assembly line!